What is AJAX?
- AJAX helps you to create smarter web applications that send and receive the important data to the server without reloading the entire page.
- Web applications that use AJAX are Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, etc.
Technologies used in AJAX
The technologies that AJAX uses are already present in all modern web browsers, which means the client does have to install any extra library to run an AJAX website. AJAX consists of the following components-
- XMLHttpRequest- Object of XMLHttpRequest allows you to send request to the server asynchronously or synchronously in the background.
Advantages of AJAX
- Cross-browser & cross-platform compatibility
- Better & richer user experience
- Web programming flexibility
- Reduced consumption of server resources
Disadvantages of AJAX
- Source code of AJAX is viewable.
- You cannot bookmark the content generated by AJAX.